Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Feeling low today.

Oooohhh I have a really bad sore throat - poor me lol. Just kidding!. The person really feel sorry for is my SIL. She was diagnosed with cancer and has been receiving treatment, together with a hip replacement op. She now has broken her femur - and so is back in hospital, and they have decided to replace the other hip as well as repair the break! How is she coping I just don't know - I really feel for her. Why is it that several bad things always seem to happen at the same time....is it just bad luck, or is it fate and these things are mapped out for us? I don't think I really want to know - if things are pre-ordained for us, then there is nothing we can do to stop them. Now that is a depressing thought!!
Sorry if I am making you depressed - I think at this time of year particularly we should all count our blessings. I have my own good health and a wonderful husband, so I have alot to be grateful for - and I am.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

So sorry to hear about your sister-in-law - hope she gets better soon. I sympathise with you too - I've had a run of bad luck lately -with a daughter's illness, house fire followed by a flood and am also hoping my run of bad luck has stopped now! Sorry, not much use at cheering you up!

Inspiration Alley said...

Hope you're starting to feel better soon. This time of year is always difficult. But, like you said, when things are really bad, it makes you appreciate the small things that you might over look when things are going well.