Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Tuesday UKS prompt

Well a day late but just managed it.

"Just living is not enough" said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower." Hans Christian Andersen

This is so true, and is making me look at my life now. I only have myself to blame, but I am just living.... I have a wonderful husband, and we are very happy together, but I am not living in all the other apects of my life. I retired from work 18 m0nths ago, after stress problems affecting my health. I love being at home, but the result is I rarely go out, and consequently its like climbing a mountain every time that I do. Its such an effort. I have put loads of weight on since I finished work, and am now HUGE - that makes my self esteem low.
I moved to London 7 years ago to marry my husband, and left my close friends back in the Midlands. Its sooo difficult making friends in London - everyone is sooo busy. So I suppose I am lonely - as I said its of my own making. I know I need to go ot more, but its making myself do it.
I have bought myself a new digital camera, so I am hoping this will get me out more. I want to do a course, and I know my husband would like a good camera - its something we could do together as well. We need to go out in the sunshine......

Anyway, now that I have depressed you all, I will try the next blog prompt for Wednesday - a much more uplifting topic...


Cya Vee

1 comment:

Taluula said...

I've just seen this on your blog Vron. Try hard to get out in the sunshine,just a little step every day.